Locations

This text should not appear

infirmary

Period: gothic

The building that ultimately served as the abbey infirmary was built shortly after the Huguenot sack of 1567 as a private house for Jean François, who served as claustral prior. François returned the house to the community in 1583, and it became the infirmary soon after. We believe it likely that the medieval infirmary was located on the same spot until the fifteenth or sixteenth century.